Now available at Progress the Alter G treadmill designed originally for NASA’s astronauts, uses the Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology and has been adapted by AlterG for use in training and rehabilitation.
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is a medical device that can be used for:
- Rehabilitation of lower extremity injuries
- Treatment of neurological conditions
- Weight bearing reduction on joints and limbs
- Aerobic conditioning
- General training to combat the diseases of aging
Unweighting is achieved in the Alter G by using air in a pressure-controlled chamber to gently lift the user. Precise calibration using the specialist technology allows for very specific unweighting from 20-100% of the users body weight in 1% increments.
Clinical studies show that Alter-G treadmills can help decrease ground reaction forces in walking and running. The restoration of normal gait mechanics is paramount to optimal recovery and can be accelerated by the unweighting technology.
Using our AlterG treadmill can:
- Allow for the protection of healing tissue
- Encourage range of motion
- Earlier initiation of closed-kinetic chain activity.
- Prevent disuse atrophy
Whether your problem is related to sports, work or lifestyle, our Physiotherapists are here to guide you to a full recovery.